Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Digital audio assignment

I started off following information about the Design Night. The Design event in Tallinn 24-27 Srptember. I had in mind making a podcast on the program and intentions of the event. But as the assignment was to be finished by the 1st of October I felt it was a bit off-topic. So I went on thinking and kept in mind the four keywords from The Design Night: Ingenuity, Innovation, Sustainability and Recycling. It seems to me that Innovation is the term most close to our themes and topics here that I just decided to pick out some statements about it and work with them for my podcast.

Podcast
1. I chose a background track by Bonobo
2. I recorded my text about innovation. (text_originaal)
3. Edited recording
  • Normalyze
  • Edit clipping (3)
  • Noise removal
  • Compression at -18
4. Record "Innovation" and add it to separate track, edit and "repeat", manual fadeout.
5. Manual duck for background
6. Adding the "repeat" tracks in total two at the beginning and two at the end. Adding Change speed to "repeat 3&4"
7. Naming the tracks
8. Labeling intro, text and outro.

InnovationPodcast Maarja by maarja

Ad
1. Background is a track beginning from Bonobo again
2. Recording three times my text (ad_original)
3. Naming the tracks
4. Editing recorded tracks - silence, normalize, compression, change speed (up, down and 0)
5. A dding a sound from freesound (glass)
6. Adding one more track

AdProject Maarja by maarja

Here is the original recording of my text.

Text originaal by maarja

No comments:

Post a Comment