Saturday, September 26, 2009

Complexity == Unreliability


The text by Vannevar Bush was an interesting reading. First of all the moments of surprise or amaze how at that time he described his visions for future developments. And secondly I find it quite amusing to read "... picture a future investigator in his laboratory..." and then the ideas of Bush, because for us it is no question of imagination, we just think of some processes close to which his thoughts had reached but we now relate to as something usual.

I loved this sentence, it just made me laugh and read it over again: "..for at that time and long after, complexity and unreliability were synonymous.
" I am happy this has changed.

Living in multilingual environment and facing from time to time some problems with misunderstandings has made me think of 'one-language-fits-all' environment.. But I never thought of having one 'transmitting and recording fitting' language. Bush did. I find it also a remarkable idea for his time. Has anyone produced it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment