Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 2-2: Net censors

I read the reviews of my coursemates and I really struggle getting to the point of downloading and trying out one of the software mentioned in the lecture. I understand that there is more trouble than reward of them. If I think of downloading the software to the computer for my children to be protected from harmful information, I first come to the idea that if they want to search for some restricted materials, they must have spoken about it with friends and will see it anyway. If they get the idea of having a censor on their computer they will figure out how to remove it. If I wish them not to enter some sites.. I would ban them through router and hope they won't get to that themselves. So I have not completed the assignment on time but maybe I will in close future before the end of our course to truly see the trouble myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment